"How do I market shared spaces after a virus & pandemic that encouraged us to stay apart??" This may be one of many questions you're navigating as we begin feeling the hopeful light at the end of the tunnel.
Are you ready for your hostel to start thriving once more? That one probably seems like a trick question.
Maybe you don't feel it quite yet, but first off-
If you have a hostel and you made it through the last 12 months, congratuf*ckinlations. You can officially withstand just about anything!
Secondly- This past year may have drawn on (and on...) but things are about to change and travelers will be coming again in droves before you know it.
With vaccines rolling out across the globe and restrictions continuing to loosen in many places, you might be surprised how quickly a whole new high season will be upon us.
While this brings obvious joy and relief, you may also have just as many questions as to how best to move forward. Things like:
- How do I create atmosphere once again so my hostel feels welcoming and exciting for new guests?
- How do I once again encourage choosing the community of a hostel over the separation of a hotel, and market it effectively?
- How do I manage the switch from having tons of time, but little revenue, to navigating the opposite, and not drop my 12 spinning plates in the process?
- What's the best way to restructure processes and procedures after we changed so much over the last year?
- How do I get motivated to take action for my hostel's real potential- rebranding, repromoting, recreating, etc.- when nothing feels quite normal yet?
- When should I take the leap to re-hire or re-invest as we move out of this forever-long slow season (putting it lightly)?
- How do I get myself to do the things I KNOW I need to do but keep pushing off, especially with this final window of time before things speed up again?
Well, I don't have alllll the answers, but I do have a few. 😉 And I'm a ninja at helping you figure out what they are and put them into action.
If you're looking for support in navigating this new chapter, it may be time for a Hostel Reboot with me!
I'm a Make Shit Happen coach and Hostel Management Consultant, helping entrepreneurs (and accomplished procrastinators) execute tasks with better efficiency and less burnout. I'm also the longtime former editor of hostelmanagement.com.
With consistency and accountability, we'll work together to ensure you're setting up both yourself AND your hostel to thrive.
Interested in talking more? Email me at [email protected] with the subject "Hostel Reboot" and we'll take it from there.