The HI Redwood National Park hostel was voted the #1 HI hostel in the world by users of hihostels.com, tying with the Shin-Osaka HI hostel in Japan.
Top Rated Hostels by HIHostels.com Users, April 2007 - March 2008
1. HI-Redwood National Park, Klamath (USA); 93%
1. Osaka, Shin-Osaka YH (Japan); 93%
3. HI-Buffalo Niagara (USA); 92%
4. Cancale, Mont St Michel (France); 91%
5. HI-Portland, Northwest (USA); 90%
6. Osar (Iceland); 89%
6. HI-Point Montara Lighthouse, Montara (USA); 89%
6. HI-Baltimore (USA); 89%
6. Köln, Deutz City Hostel (Germany); 89%
6. Grindelwald (Switzerland); 89%
6. HI-San Diego, Point Loma (USA); 89%
6. STF Malmö City (Sweden); 89%
6. HI-Sacramento (USA); 89%
6. HI-Pigeon Point Lighthouse, Pescadero (USA); 89%
The Redwood Hostel, the only accommodation within Redwood National and State Parks, was also rated by Lonely Planet as one of the top 5 hostels in North America in 2005.
Hostelling International is a nonprofit network of more than 4,000 hostels in 80 countries. The Northern California region of Hostelling International is administered by HI-USA Golden Gate Council, a private nonprofit dedicated to promoting intercultural understanding, environmental stewardship, and world peace through travel.
Photo courtesy of the Redwood National Park Hostel