We're located in the heart of Manhattan's Upper West Side, only two blocks from Central Park, a main subway line, Columbia University, lots of bars, a 24 hour grocery store and only a 20 minute train ride to Times Square, Penn Station and all the great things New York City has to offer.
You can spend your evenings in our sunken patio and garden (Manhattan's largest privately owned) or on our 2nd floor balcony-- rarities in space conscious Manhattan-- or join one of our FREE nightly happy hours, FREE pub-crawls, or FREE clubbing nights. If you feel like staying in, our in-house theater offers a perfect opportunity to rest up or watch the World Cup on a huge screen. Our FREE pool table and FREE Wii are great ways to meet fellow hostellers.
We plan daily free tours and events to help you make the most of your stay. But, if you'd prefer to go it alone, our helpful info staff (on duty 24/7) will gladly provide you with a map and advise you before you leave to help make the best of your adventure.
Here is a list of winter fun at HI-NYC in January and February.
-Free Volunteer-lead Tours to Central Park, Staten Island Ferry, Times Square, & Greenwich Village.
- Special Events Volunteer-lead Tours, Staten Island Ferry and Times Square Tours, Broadway Show & Dinner Outings, Jazz Outings, are just some of the many free events where volunteers guide guests around the city.
-Every Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday, Free Comedy Shows in our Theater Room
-Every Tuesday & Thursday, Free Pub Crawl
-Every Thursday, Friday & Saturday, Free Entry to Clubs around New York City with discounted prices. Ask at the info desk for current discounts.
-From January 24th to February 10th, we will celebrate Broadway Week with themes days for different musical. Purchase two-for-one tickets for this two week period.
**VISIT THE LOBBY TO SIGN UP FOR EVENTS & TOURS
'Welcome to the Hostel' Orientation upon Request
* 20 minutes to Times Square, Penn Station and Midtown
* Newly renovated HUGE common kitchen
* All newly renovated bathrooms and showers
* FREE linens & towels
* FREE WiFi 24/7
* 24/7 reception - no lock out or curfew
* Private Lockers - bring your own lock
* On-site coin operated laundry
* FREE billiards/pool
* FREE daily tours and events
* Internet Room with public computers
* 24/7 lounge and game room
* 24/7 snacks and drinks available
* Large, yet cozy Theater Room
* We have free Wii
* Musical instruments you can use (make your own trio!!)
* Tons of great bars and restaurants nearby
* Fantastic, friendly staff on hand 24/7
* All dorm rooms fully air conditioned
* Great atmosphere
The largest, and BEST, hostel in all of North America!! We've got it all!!
Premium Dorm (4-6 Beds) $55-$59
Standard Dorm (8 Beds) $50-$54
Economy Dorm (10-12 Beds) $45-$49
Private Rooms with bathroom $165
Family Room without bath $145
|Max Dorm Guests
|Number Dorm Rooms
|Max Private Guests
|Number Private Rooms
|Number Rooms Listed Above That Are Flexible
|Other Hostel Details
|Other Accessibility Devices
Hostel Name: HI New York City Hostel
891 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10025, USA