The travel research firm Phocuswright will be hosting a webinar about trends in the hostel market on Thursday, 30 June, 2016.
From the webinar description:
“For travelers and industry insiders alike, the term "hostel" brings to mind cheap, dorm-style accommodations catering to budget-conscious backpackers. But no more. While low-cost remains central to their business, today's hostels include a more diverse range of possibilities, like private rooms, hotel-like amenities and event en-suite bathrooms. Travelers are increasingly exploring new types of lodging options, and a re-envisioned hostel experience has potential appeal to a broader segment of explorers seeking something different.”
This webinar is organized in partnership with Hostelling International and Hostelworld Group. Registration is free.
“Join industry experts on Thursday, June 30, 2016, at 11:00 am EDT, to explore the five trends that are driving transformation across the global hostel marketplace, including an in-depth discussion with three leaders in the hostel industry. This 35-minute presentation includes a Q&A segment.”
The presenters representing the hostel industry will be:
- Feargal Mooney – CEO, Hostelworld Group
- Chris Martin – Director of Revenue Management, Generator Hostels
- Joe Lynch – Commercial Director, YHA England and Wales
Topics to be discussed include:
- The structure, size and outlook of the global hostel market
- A look at traveler booking behavior, including mobile, OTAs and direct
- An assessment of key trends in product, service, design and distribution among hostel operators
- A look at what drives today's hostel travelers, how they choose and how they book
- An analysis of the non-hostel traveler and opportunities to convert