My name is Daniel and for the last 3 years me and a couple of good friends have been travelling the world while building an exciting hostel concept called Podstel which is based on values of education and learning (you can read more about us and the concept at www.podstellife.com).
We’ve gathered ideas from 1,000s of people across 35 countries, while also gaining experience working in hostels in 5 different countries.
NOW we are ready to set up the first Podstel and we need your HELP…
Our current Position…
We are currently based in Leipzig, Germany and looking for an appropriate building here for the first Podstel. The city is perfect for a hostel – great vibe, potential etc, but after searching the market for the last 6 months, we’ve found that there’s a lack of buildings that fit our criteria because Leipzig is one of the bigger German cities taking in a lot of refugees at the moment.
What we currently have:
• Investment to fully fund the first Podstel.
• Strong brand with a compelling story and a big vision.
• Fully optimised website.
• Social media following – 3000 facebook followers, 2500 twitter followers, 1800 Instagram followers.
• Access to an established network of over 40,000 travellers.
• Business, marketing, social media, videography and web development experience.
What we don’t have:
A) A definitive location for the first Podstel
B) A property
400-600m2 building to lease (potentially with the view to buy)
• 40/50-bed hostel
• Rent of up to €3,000 per month
- Open plan; space for workshops/events
- Good condition; only minor renovations needed
We are open to ideas for properties in other locations across Europe and also considering the following locations: Berlin, Barcelona, Tallinn, Poznan, Prague and Porto as alternatives to Leipzig.
How YOU can get involved?
• We would love to hear from hostel enthusiasts in the locations above.
• We are very open to forming partnership with hostel enthusiasts who share our vision of positive change through travel and education, and are willing to discuss co-building/investing as well as franchising opportunities.
• We also want to connect with hostel owners who need help rebranding their hostel, people who are working on similar projects in each of these locations as well as industry experts, legal professionals, and real estate owners/agents to discuss.
We also have an information pack, which explains more about Podstel, our team, vision and plan moving forward which we can send to anybody by email.
For people who want to get in touch, my email address/phone number are. :
Phone Number: +491523 6235560
We look forward to hearing from all those interested.