After backpacking the world for over a year, I have spent a lot of time using hostel websites. One thing I noticed while traveling was that the average hostel website is horribly designed, and far from optimized.
Being a career website developer I thought that there must be a solution out there for hostels to easily create websites, but after much research I haven't found anything. It looks like a lot people are resorting to custom Wordpress/Drupal/Joomla jobs, which always take a ton of time to setup and run properly.
I really thought there should be a services like this (http://www.lodgify.com/) for hostels.
I'm curious if you hostel owners be willing to pay a monthly fee for a service that would make building/running/launching your website dead simple:
- Pre-made website templates that can be customized.
- Mobile/Phone optimized designs for responsiveness.
- Maps, Image Galleries, Blogs, Videos pages
- Hosting, Domain Name, and all server stuff included
- SEO optimized pages to bring in more direct bookings.
- Integration with Facebook/Twitter/Youtube
- Integration with TripAdvisor, HostelWorld, and other review sites.
- Integration with Channel Managers and PMS systems.
I just think that, as a hostel owner, the last thing you want to think about are servers, websites, and all the technical stuff involved with hosting a website.
I'm curious if a service like this would be useful?