I had to take a break in planning my project. Current job(s) were too time consuming.
So I quit one job, went full time with the other one and I moved to a different place, with a few friends so I can save a good amount of money the next 4 years.
I decided I want to open a hostel in Greece, I worked in Crete, and had holidays on Corfu aswell. I fell in love with the nature, people, hospitality and weather.
A few days ago I decided to pick up my project again and I haven't felt better in a long time, another sign to go on with this.
But I'm a bit anxious on how to go on.
So I have a few questions for anyone who would like to help me out. Also other tips and advice are more then welcome.
Feel free to skip questions if you don't feel comfortable answering them.
1) How long in advance should I start searching for a property (since I'm saving money until I'm turning 30, I want a fixed deadline, I'm moving on my birthday), it looks hard to find a place that far in the future.
2) Anyone has experience with the legal side of all this in Greece? Which permits do I need?
3) Which deadlines should I make for myself (eg: find a lot, get all the permits, get a loan, ...)
4) So many more questions will come, I'm sure I'll figure it out somehow but I want to avoid mistakes as much as possible ofcourse
I've written down all the things that come to mind if I think about 'my perfect hostel' and I believe I have plenty of good ideas.
But the big step I eventually have to take, aswell as the legal stuff in that country freighten me to dead.
So I think these are my next tangible steps:
- saving money
- make a step to step plan of all the legal work for EU and Greece
- start making budgets
- do some research on demographics?
As you might notice I have no clue, so I'm curious for your experience and advice.