Ultimately finding a great channel manager comes down to 3 things:
- What channels do you want to connect to? This varies by market.
- How easy is the platform to use? You're going to be logging into the software a lot so clunky UX can be a deal breaker.
- How is the channel manager's customer support? A channel manager is the lifeblood of many independent smaller properties (bigger ones too) so you need to make sure when things are on the fritz (which inevitably happens), that your provider responds to support tickets quickly and effectively.
Here are a few resources that may help in your search:
- A free channel managers buying guide
- Top rated channel managers (as ranked by fellow hoteliers)
- Verified customer reviews for top providers such as: Cloudbeds and SiteMinder
I hope that helps!