Some big changes were announced at yesterday’s Google Performance Summit in relation to their mobile ads and maps.
Some of the changes:
- You will now be able to set different adwords bidding limits for different platforms (mobile, desktop, tablet) so you can chose how to spend your marketing money based on how your guests are most likely to find you.
- Business listings will be added to Google Maps displays on smartphones with a prompt to “add stop” along the way to visit the business
- Promoted pins will begin showing up in Google Maps with company logos and the ability to promote special offers through those pins (and users cannot deactivate the promoted pins)
- Text limits in the ads will increase to two title lines of 30 characters each and a text description space of 80 characters (so you can convey more information at a glance)
- Ads will now be responsive and change size depending on the device used to view them
For more information about the changes see these articles:
Ads and analytics innovations for a mobile-first world
Google AdWords launches significant changes for mobile ads and maps
Google Maps will let brands advertise with promoted pins and other tools