Hello Friends of Hostel Management;
My name is Roberto and I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I'm a Software Developer in a leading global company, and additionally I lead up independient projects.
I participate in this forum to announce that, after more than two years of development, is now available for download the beta version of HostelManageware, a new Hostels-oriented management software.
I opened a separate thread for the "Official" speech about the product, leaving impressions in this more personal post.
The development was based on my personal experience while staying in Hostels, which often take the administration with pencil and paper, and which do not have modern PCs (I've found a 200 MHz Pentium I!)
Many people go to extremes: They love computers, or hate them. Therefore, the product was designed tending to satisfy both groups:
For those who hate computers: HostelManageware allows many operations that could only be done with pencil and paper, but warning of an irregular situation, allowing to be the operator who has the final word; only restricts the actually inconsistent transactions.
- Does not allow a multiple check in a single bed, but a reservation is permitted when the sex of the customer does not match to that is set for the bed;
- Does not allow multiple booking on a bed, unless the existing booking is in a compatible state (eg, suspended or conditional);
- You can sell items even when due to a prior inconsistent Operator input, the System reports that there is no stock;
- You can sell items without being included in an invoice, when payment is resolved immediately
For lovers of technology: HostelManageware offers a friendly interface.
- The configuration of beds in rooms is dynamic and can be accomplished through a simple drag and drop interface;
- In the same way, you can change the location of passengers from bed to bed;
- Multiple simultaneous views of the same information;
- Clear and visual appearance state indicators;
- Access security scheme;
- Built-In Messaging and Alarm system
For everyone, regardless of their preferences:
- No complicated displays or windows; operations are simple;
- Does not require dedicated servers nor expensive hardware; nor even Internet connection;
- Data residing on your PC, does not require synchronization with Third-party Web Servers or connection with other Servers;
- However, it is designed for networking, remote access via VPN from anywhere, and make reservations on line directly from your website;
- HostelManageware is a multilanguage Application, provided in Spanish (native) and English as a standard. You can customize it to your own language.
The current release corresponds to a Beta version for evaluation, whose download is available from the website: www.hostelmanageware.com
The questions that I see coming, and their answers:
- HostelManageware runs on any version of Microsoft Windows (95 onwards), but only Microsoft Windows;
- HostelManageware does not require .NET Framework nor Java Virtual Machine; all what you need is included in the installation package;
- HostelManageware is a desktop application, not a web application, so it is fast!;
- HostelManageware is not an Open Source product;
- HostelManageware provides an online (and actually on line!) reservation interface, but it requires a separate license and an additional development to integrate it into your website;
- HostelManageware currently offers no integration with search engines, but I hope to offer it soon;
- The current Beta version has not implemented the Housekeeping module and the Statistics module;
- HostelManageware provides the functions for which it was designed, and of course, is lacking, or missing features that other products do offer ... It would have to collect all the software and put them in a shaker ...
- HostelManageware is currently only available in its fully functional evaluation version, but for a limited number of reservations and charges.
- HostelManageware is not related in any way with the owners of hostelmanagement.com; its name was chosen prior to knowing about this excellent website
In short, HostelManageware was developed with total honesty. Not intended to be the best software, but a competent alternative.
Visit the HostelManageware website today: http://www.hostelmanageware.com
Contact: [EMAIL=[email protected]][email protected][/EMAIL]
Thank you very much,